Vacancy: Driller - GASS
GASS has a vacancy for a Driller. The position will be based in Johannesburg. The position will report to the Supervisor of GASS.
Total Cost to Company Package will be negotiated according to the candidate’s knowledge and experience. Only candidates that meet the above requirements should submit their CVs to [email protected] by no later than the 28th April 2023.
Should you not receive any communication within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider that your application was unsuccessful.
Role Summary Perform drill rig activities. Operate the drill rig, supervise the pipe handling, Generator, Mud pump, Mud System, Compressor. Perform mechanical maintenance, service, and repair drill rig equipment.
• Perform general labour tasks as directed by your supervisor or a director, including direct contact with the hazardous/non-hazardous chemicals using supplied appropriate PPE.
• Utilize training (KBC, Induction, First Aide, and Driving) to appropriately identify known chemicals and hazards and communicate these to Site Superintendent.
• Travel as necessary to meet the demands of client needs.
• Operate and maintain light/heavy equipment, when properly trained and qualified. This equipment includes all equipment from hand tools to large drill equipment.
• Possess the ability to wear all necessary PPE including respirators, SCBA and full encapsulating suits if required. • Maintain a traceable maintenance program on all equipment.
• Adhere to all issues as stipulated in the company vehicle policy.
• Accurately complete and submit all necessary paperwork, such as daily dispatch sheets, petty cash items, etc.
• Delivery and pickup of items, documentation ensuring accurate capture of what the item/documentation is, who requested the transport of the item, who received the item, and obtaining proper signatures.
• Keep assigned vehicles free from damage, in acceptable condition, and consistently clean in a manner. Employee must ensure that the vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use and accept responsibility to report any damage or mechanical malfunctions that exist.
• Manage various products and merchandise responsibly while in the act of loading, unloading, or transporting items, ensuring that cargo is properly secured to avoid damage.
• Employee must accept responsibility for proper use and maintenance of keys.
• Work extra/overtime hours as needed according to company workload.
• Operate vehicles and equipment safely and responsibly, as assigned.
• Respect and maintain the relationship of trust required to obtain a high level of security access to offices, homes, and properties of company personnel without supervision.
• Be willing and able to perform tasks without direct supervision that may require physical labour, and possibly the use of hand tools. This work may need to be performed both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.
• Dress in a fashion that enables the employee to complete the daily tasks, while maintaining a professional and appropriate appearance.
• Transport employees and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner. This includes company training, new employee orientation, shuttle transportation for training and various activities, shuttle transportation for conventions and conferences, airport runs, deliveries etc.
• Complete all other tasks as assigned.
• Responsible for all Drilling operations in the field as instructed by company management, including supervision and direction of third-party contractors.
• Assist company management with staffing to ensure that the drilling rig is fully staffed, and available for their assigned shift.
• Help company management with employee training, and supervisory functions related to managing employee performance and retention.
• Supervise and perform various duties to assist in rig movement (help with rig-up / rig-down): Nipples -- up and down, assist with general rig assembly and maintenance, help with preparing new location.
• Responsible for maintenance of draw works, top drive, hydraulics, mud pump, generator, mud system.
• Ensure that excellent housekeeping standards are followed.
• Perform daily Inspections of all safety equipment, TIW valve, inside BOP valve, choke manifold and accumulator unit. Also checks snub lines, pull lines, shackles, and cable clamps to see that they are in good condition. Check dies in slips and tongs, and all safety and riding belts to make sure they are in good condition. • Directs crew in setting up and operating power units, draw works, and other drilling equipment; monitor all pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical rig equipment.
• Monitor general drilling records, drill bit records, drilling assembly records, mud records, and pipe tally records, so findings may be reported to Manager and other pertinent management personnel.
• Troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment.
• Work with engineering personnel to perform various mechanical test and assembly functions to support engineering and production objectives.
• Recommend improved or alternative approaches to address problems.
• Participate in the manufacturing and assembly of piece parts and products to meet delivery schedules, as required.
• Assist in developing price quotations for equipment repair, as required.
• Assist with procuring shop equipment, raw materials and shop supplies as required to support the repair process.
Qualifications/knowledge, skills and experience
At least two years’ operating a drill rig Demonstrate dependability and self-motivation Be able to frequently lift up to 25 kilograms Read, write, understand, and communicate clearly in English Exhibit leadership skills (primarily when assigned as Team Leader for on-site duties). Maintain high level of personal integrity and reliability Be medically fit Maintain good physical condition that will enable the individual to stoop, bend, twist, and perform other motions, requiring strength and endurance when performing manual labour indoors or outdoors. Work Environment The work may be physically strenuous and requires an individual standing for long hours on the field while carrying out operational functions. The individual will be required to work overtime in case a project needs to be completed within the given time limit. The employee is frequently exposed to inclement weather, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The individual will be exposed to loud noise levels.
GASS has a vacancy for a Remediation Manager. The position will be based in Johannesburg. The position will report to the Managing Director of GASS.
Only candidates that meet the requirements should submit their CVs to [email protected] by no later
than the 21st of April 2023.
Should you not receive any communication within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider that your
application was unsuccessful.
Remediation Manager responsibilities in general include planning, coordinating, directing, and managing the
daily activities of the assigned drill or remediation work by supervising the staff members.
Responsible for the overall supervision and training of the staff members to provide the necessary guidance.
Coordinates the field activities so that daily, short term, and long-term production objectives can be achieved and also closely monitors the progress of the work.
Studies what equipment is necessary for effective field operation and assists in its procurement and makes sure that it is as per the given specifications.
May also be involved in the recruitment process, reviewing, and evaluating the performance of the subordinates and also makes sure that discipline and SHEQ policies are being followed in the field.
Ensures that the construction site is safe and trains the supporting staff members on the operation of the equipment safety procedures and provides an insight into the company's policies.
Studies the blueprints to determine the requirements and delegates the work according to priority.
Determines estimates for the material needed as well as the labour requirements.
Ensures that the project work is carried out as per the assigned schedule and resolves all the construction problems immediately, to improve productivity.
Keeps records of the relevant production and construction data in the form of reports and provides constructive feedback to the employees by providing solutions to improve efficiency.
Manage the financial aspects for the team (quotations, invoicing, budgets)
Qualifications/knowledge, skills and experience
Bachelor of Science Degree: Earth Science/Bachelor of Technology Degree: Earth Science
5 – 8 year’s work experience in a similar position
The work may be physically strenuous and requires an individual standing for long hours on the field while
carrying out operational functions. The individual will be required to work overtime in case a project needs to
be completed within the given time limit. The employee is frequently exposed to inclement weather, fumes,
or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
The individual will be exposed to loud noise levels.
Should have a good understanding of management and organizational skills with an ability to supervise and lead the team to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
The individual must be able to plan the work according to the priority standards, so that it is completed within the established budget and given time.
Must be able to incorporate team participation and involve them in decision making.
Must be comfortable handling and analysing data and records and prepare the relevant reports.
Should have effective communication skills with a vision to develop innovative plans to ensure better productivity.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Must have knowledge of operation and use of motorized vehicles and equipment, including drill rig, 4ton truck, pickup truck, pumps, remediation equipment, compressors, generators, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, and electronic motors.
Must be medically fit.