So we've ticked the uncertainty box. What happens next? (GMDSI)
About this event
So we've ticked the uncertainty box. What happens next?
Date: 9th May 2023 | Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Adelaide
Jeremy White, Catherine Moore and John Doherty will each talk on issues that occupy the boundaries between uncertainty analysis and decision-making/policy-
- Uncertainties in uncertainty;
- Do decision-makers really want to put a number on the risks that they are taking?
- Are decisions really based on risk anyway?
- Can there ever be a guidebook for uncertainty analysis, or is it too subjective?
- Necessary and sufficient conditions for evaluation of uncertainty;
- Linkages between uncertainty analysis and monitoring;
- Modelling as a collective, social process.